Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sniffles and Rainbows

My goodness! I've just caught the worst flu bug ever! It's been going around, especially at my high school, so I was bound to catch it. The weather doesn't help much, because rainbow weather is bad weather. It's cold and rainy one second, and warm and sunny the next. The only good thing are the beautiful rainbows. But the best things in life are missed while we're busy doing the smallest tings, and I miss rainbows because I'm busy sniffing and going through tissue boxes. My head hurts, my eyes ache, my temple throbs, and my diet consists of Advil or Tylenol, oranges (for a vitamin C boost), and chicken/vegetable soup. But my nose is closed, so I can't even enjoy the soup.
I. Hate. The. Flu. Because it made me miss rainbows. And they're rare. You can never get to the end of a rainbow, you know. You can run run run towards it, but just like the moon, it always appears just out of reach, following you, taunting you. Like leprechauns. Tricky and sly. Luckily, leprechauns are fake. As is the gold they supposedly carry. I'm not sure I can sort out through my thoughts, let alone form coherent sentences, so that's it for now. A-a-a-choooooo! Sniffle, sniffle.