When a crippled young lord rescues a girl falling from a tree, it reveals a secret about himself and his mother's side of the family that could put him at the center of a war with beings he thought only existed in fairy tales.Tristan Gareth Smyth lived his entire life stuck at home at Waverly Park, left behind while his Grandfather makes trips to London, all because of his blasted wheelchair. Then an American heiress falls in his lap, literally, and he must find a way to keep her at a distance to protect not only his secret, but everyone around him from an assassin sent to kill him.
Expected Publication: May 20th 2013
Publisher: Altwit Press
And now for the interview! I'm going to always ask authors what their top TBR books and favorite/recommended books are, because I end up reading books I never would have looked into. :)
· First off, what were your three favorite books at a teen/ya?
Divergent, The Never Ending Story, and The Hunger Games
· Top three (or five) books on your TBR pile?
Judge by RJ Larson
Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki
Hidden Wings/Broken Wings by Cameo Renae
Prophetess by Keven Newsome
The Silent Swan by Lex Keating
· Your favorite scene in Armored Hearts and why?
The balcony scene/proposal – there’s so much tension and Jessamine shines in that scene.
· Your favorite charcter in Armored Hearts, and why (and if it’s the main hero/heroine, then the next favorite character)?
Jessamine is my favourite – she’s strong and clever, everything I want to be.
· Most embarassing or silliest story that happened to you while writing?
I got up to get a Snapple, and my cat walked across my laptop keyboard while I was gone – I actually left what he’d typed and added him to the story J
· A question you want to answer that you’ve never been asked and it’s answer?
· Top three (or five) books you would recommend?
The Earth Painter by Melissa Turner Lee – why this book hasn’t hit #1 on the NYT is a mystery to me.
Fall of Sky City by SM Blooding – it is awesome – one of my favourite reads so far this year.
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman – one of my favs.
§ Hot Chocolate or Pizza? Pizza
§ John Green or Scott Westerfeild? Scott Westerfield
§ Quarter sleeves, half sleeves, no sleves, or long sleeves? Long sleeves
§ Pastels or bright colors? Bright colors
§ The Secret Garden or The Mouse and The Motorcycle? The Secret Garden
§ Ketchup or Mustard? Mustard
§ Novels, novellas, or series? Series *Personally, I think everybody, from Pauline to all my friends, like series - good series - more than standalones.*
· And do you enjoy sweet and salty? How do people enjoy food that’s two opposite flavors at the same time? Actually I do – like they have these peanut butter bars that have salted peanuts, too…it’s awesome ;)
Aaaaand, that’s it! Thank you so much!
About the Authors