Saturday, June 29, 2013

Random Updates...#2, Maybe?

I'm not sure whether I've ever done a blog post called Random Updates, so, depending, this may or may not be numero dos. As for the random updates, they're more like things that belong on a twitter feed instead of all collected on a blog post, but since I have problems remembering my twitter password, this will have to do.
  • 2013 seems so full of trilogy endings, so many last thirds books it's sad, but it also means there's an awful lot of waiting and anticipation, and since those books simply cannot come out fast enough, readers take matters into their own hands and make their own trilogy endings. Well, the trilogy ending's book covers, at least. Google it. Those here, for example, are fan-made covers for Veronica Roth's Allegiant. 
  • I am positively sick  of all my brother's friends thinking I'm his mother or aunt. I will now go on a diet, become anaroxic, and we'll see what they'll say. (I'm a long way from losing half a pound of weight, so don't worry about the anaroxia part, actually)
  • I'm halfway through John Green's An Abundance Of Katherines. I'm also about a quarter way through Libba Bray's Going Bovine. I also have the hugest pile of TBRs, and these two books, while they are interesting, have the same tmi-and-too-much-details-and-conversation-and-useless-tidbits-and-lack-of-defined-plot that, while I'm not giving up on them, I'm going to return to return to the TBR pile for some other time.
  • Summer is never, and will never be, complete without the sound of an ice-cream truck's song. 
  • I'm doing too many blog tour book posts, and too little of my own reviews of which ever book I feel like. I still have quite a few tours until early August, but then I'll try to go back to doing my own thing :)
  • That word, cray. Or cray cray, or craaaay, or way cray, or whatever else these people come up with to substitute for the word crazy. It positively grates on my nerves. I hate the word. 
  • How can I be busy when I do nothing? And how, pray how, am I busier during the summer than I am during the school year?!
  •  You know the fingers I mentioned yesterday? Well, I was writing interview questions for Heather, who, if you've read yesterday's post, I consider pretty cool, but I wanted to say a few things without me seeming either too goofy/aloof/silly, or just plain stupid. So, I came up with the ingenious idea of creating "fingers", who type things without my consent, and whenever something is off, I get to blame them. The funniest part is that I was/am doing several things with different authors, and so when I wrote back to Heather, I forgot to mention the fingers again, but responding to another author, I said "fingers send their greetings" as a P.S., thinking she was the one I had previously mentioned the fingers to. She has yet to respond to that email.
  • I'm tired right now. More updates later.