Thursday, August 8, 2013

Kaleidoscope Blog Tour Stop


 


It starts in her chest. The change Calliope doesn't see coming. It pulses like a second heartbeat, urging her to give in to the need to be in the depths of the forest. She's compelled to fight the pull, but the more she denies it the stronger it becomes until she finally surrenders and is pulled into a secret world of enchantment.


Kai and Declan need her to accept what she is, but with everything left unsaid, acceptance may be the least of their worries. Knowing their fate lies in her hands, they’ll stop at nothing to protect and prepare her for what lies ahead.

Will Calliope be able to accept what Kai and Declan reveal or will her desire to be normal keep her from acknowledging her true destiny?


-What’s your favorite aspect of the book? (Cover, title, synopsis, chapter titles, font..?)
I love the cover of Kaleidoscope. I originally tried to create the cover on my own and it was okay, but not the greatest. Then I discovered Okay Creations through Colleen Hoover and Sarah made a world of difference! I can’t help but smile whenever I see it. I love everything about it.

-Your favorite scene (Yeah. I’m indirectly asking for spoilers) ?
Haha…Well, I think my favorite scene is when Calliope first meets Kai and Declan in the forest behind her house. They aren’t wearing anything but tattered shorts and she thinks it’s possible they escaped from a psych ward. To know who Kai and Declan are I guess you’ll just have to read the book ;)

- Your favorite character and WHY?
I think my favorite character is Kai, mainly, because he is so much fun to write. He’s got a pretty snarky personality and everything that comes out of his mouth is either sarcastic or witty. Playful banter is so easy to write when it comes from his mouth. Oh, and he’s pretty hot in my head, too.

-Which character you had the most trouble creating/writing and why?
It was a little difficult to write Calliope’s mom. Calliope has a really close relationship with her dad, so those scenes always flowed. But as soon as her mom would make an entrance, it always felt a little strained to write. And maybe that’s why it was difficult to write because their relationship is a little distant since her mom works all the time.

-If you could become anybody, real or fictitious, from history, modern day, books, TV shows, who would you become and why?
Ooo…umm…I would have to say Allie from The Notebook because Ryan Gosling is hot and Noah and Allie’s relationship is epically romantic.

-The word you use most often (like, for me, it’s “like”)?
Sweet. I probably say it at least 10 times a day. Either that or, awesome.

-One question you want to answer you’ve never been asked: the question, and the answer?
How did you decide where Kaleidoscope was going to take place?

I did some researching online for small towns in South Carolina and discovered Wahalla. So, my husband and I took a road trip to Wahalla to do some exploring. We hiked all around the falls. I fell in love. It was perfection.


Psst. Guess what? The second book in the series, Ember,  was released early, just a few days ago!

About the Author
Mindy grew up in San Diego, California exploring her interest for singing and playing the piano. Mindy first discovered her passion for reading when she had to make her first flight alone to South Carolina to visit her, then, fiancé. Mindy's love for writing followed shortly after. She and her husband have now been married for five years and live in Summerville, South Carolina.
Kaleidoscope is her debut novel, its sequel, Ember, will be released in September 2013.

http://mindyhayes.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/hayes.mindy
https://twitter.com/haymindywrites