Friday, August 2, 2013

Vigilante Nights Interview Tour Stop




A "good boy" will do anything for vengeance when a gang rite kills his twin sister. Will Lucas win, or follow his sister Silver into the darkness?

After a hideous car wreck, Lucas wakes from a coma to find that his world is gutted. Not only is his beloved twin sister, Silver, gone forever, but Lucas is broken in body and spirit. He will never be a college athlete, and is robbed of what he now realizes was the most important bond of his life. Although they weren't identical twins, Lucas and Silver shared a bond so fierce it defied reason, and was nearly supernatural.

After her death, that bond seems to endure when Lucas sees Silver everywhere he turns. Either he's crazy, or Silver is trying to tell him something about the California gang initiation they stumbled into that cost Silver her life. Lucas is bent on revenge, turning on Raymond, Silver's former boyfriend; the one Lucas never wanted her to date. He forms a posse of vigilantes to take out the gangsters responsible for Silver's death, but he risks not only his own life, but the love of the new girl on his block, who knows more about Lucas and Silver than can be accounted for by mere chance.

Expected Publication: July 18th 2013
Publisher: Merit Press
PurchaseAmazon
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16287787-vigilante-nights

 
How did you come up with the title – where there any other runner ups to VIGILANTE NIGHTS?

My working title was Boomerang Wars, and then I changed it to Boomerang Nights since it sounded more fitting and suspenseful. I originally chose that title from a line in the book, “Karma’s like a boomerang.” However, several people told me it wasn’t catchy enough. So I went back to the drawing board. Since Lucas had vigilantism and justice on his mind, it was easy and natural to change it to Vigilante Nights. My editor liked it because I didn’t have to change it again, which happens all too often in the world of publishing!

Sum up your book in 8 words or less.

Suspenseful story of loss, revenge, romance, and redemption.

Who’s your favorite character (from your book)?

Most times it’s my main character, Lucas. I love seeing him traverse his new life and pushing through his pain to find hope. Sometimes it’s his twin sister, Silver. It all depends on my mood and if I’m feeling a little snarky like Silver!

Who’s your favorite character (from other books/TV/as long as it’s not real)? Second and third favorite characters?

Damon Salvatore, The Vampire Diaries
Zoe Hart, Hart of Dixie
Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory

Number one source of inspiration?

Books. Pretty much everything I read inspires me in one way or another. There are so many creative authors in the world, with fantastic ideas, characters (real or fake) and great word-painting. Imagine how only twenty-six letters of the alphabet can create so much entertainment!

Three favorite books of all times?

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
The Hobbit by J.R. Tolkein

Three favorite authors?

Kim Harrison
Karen Marie Moning
Jacqueline Carey

Favorite YA series/novel?

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Coolest person you’ve ever met and how you met?

The “painter of light” artist Thomas Kinkade. I love his work, and I met him at a local art show where he talked about his vision and background. He was an impassioned artist who has beautified many homes with his heartfelt art. Mr. Kinkade reminded me how a painter uses pencils, oil and watercolors to create art the way authors uses words to paint a picture for their readers. Looking at the nuances in his paintings helps me write description at times. I was saddened to see him die so young.

When was the last time you had a break and what did you do in it?

Well, I’m currently in a two-month break from my corporate day job! I’ve kept myself busy launching Vigilante Nights and all the PR that goes with a book launch, plus spending a week of sun & fun on the California coast with family. I have a few side trips planned and home/yard remodeling in the works. I’m also working on a new YA romantic suspense novel!

Weirdest/most embarrassing story (this could have happened during the writing/publication of your book, or from your actual life)

I think this incident was the weirdest thing I experienced in the publication of Vigilante Nights. When the book listing first appeared on Amazon before its release date, my bio read that I had published two erotic novels before moving to writing young adult. I freaked out! My romance novels are plain-vanilla mainstream romance, not erotic romance. I don’t write erotic romance and if I did, I wouldn’t write it under the same name as my young adult works. J Needless to say, the bio was fixed ASAP and all is well. I can actually laugh about it now!

Yay or nay (as in, your feelings about it): football, McDonalds, ice-cream, coffee, England, British Accents, cats, street art, dystopia, Twilight, Dr. Who, Kardashians (I just couldn’t help myself on the last one *evil laugh*)

Football: Nay (no sports in my house!)
McDonalds: Nay
Ice-cream: Yay!
Coffee: NAY (never acquired the taste)
England: YAY! (I’m part English!)
British Accents: Yay
Cats: Yay
Street Art: Yay
Dystopia: YAY!
Twilight: Nay
Dr. Who:  Hmmm…never watched it, but I hear good things.
Kardashians: Big NAY. LOL!

About the Author
Erin RichardsErin Richards writes SF&F romance and young adult fiction. Her YA debut novel, VIGILANTE NIGHTS, releases from Merit Press (F+W Media) on July 18, 2013. Erin has also published two adult romance novels: CHASING SHADOWS, a romantic suspense (EPPIE award finalist), now available in print for the first time (July 2012); and WICKED PARADISE, a fantasy romance, was released by Crimson Romance (F+W Media) in August 2012, available in eBook and print format. 
Erin Richards lives in Northern California. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, photography, and American muscle cars.