Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It's 2 AM. My Brain Is Haywired. That's Where This Post Comes From.

It's  2 A.M. I should be sleeping. Actually, I should be doing my Chem homework, because I have a lab due tomorrow, and I need to start writing that report. But for some reason, I have a sudden urge to share with the world - my limited world of whoever reads this blog, mind you - what my two favorite words are.

1. Idiot. Now that word is harmonically pleasing. It rolls off the tongue. All the sounds that make up the word are pleasant. No sharp s's, no guttural g's. And then, the meaning! It's an insult without really being an insult. You're not calling the person stupid or a moron, nor are you calling him an animal. Which, and this is a tangent, but I think it's unfair to say that comparing a person to an animal is entirely derogatory, because dogs are the sweetest animals until you're calling somebody a dog, and then the word takes on the meaning of being the lowest of the low, or stupidly salving after someone, or some other negative meaning. But anyway, a conversation for another day. Also, idiot is better than a whole slew of four letter words I can think of, so...And, finally, for some reason, whenever I mentally think of the word, I always imagine it in a Scottish accent, so the t isn't pronounced. Positively beatiful. And as Brad Splipiec puts it: "Never ague with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and win from experience."

2. Frazzled. Oh. My. Goodness. As a child, I loved The Magic School Bus. And I loved Mrs. Frizzle. So, a) Frazzled reminds me of Mrs. Frizzle. Who I still love. b) During the school year, I am in a constant sate of frazzled-ness, and that word describes me oh so perfectly. c) Not a lot of words have z's. I appreciate the ones who do. d) Hair sticking up? My mental image of the word. e) How do you even conjugate the word? To frazzle? Frazzeling? Frazzelment? f) I'm going to go back to my Chem homework right now to intensify my feeling of frazzlment